Aeria Games & Entertainment is the leader in free-to-play massively multiplayer online (MMO) games in North America, Latin America, and Europe. Since our debut in 2006, we have been at the forefront of pioneering critically-acclaimed microtransaction-based online games in emerging markets and have offices in Santa Clara, Berlin, São Paulo and Tokyo. We are home to a community of over 15 million gamers and offer a diverse catalogue of titles including such hits as Dynasty Warriors Online, Shaiya, Last Chaos, Shin Megami Tensei, and Grand Fantasia.
To reinforce our European Headquarter in Berlin, we are looking for
System Administrator (m/f)/ Berlin
Be responsible for maintaining servers that provide online gaming services for game players across the world in a fast-growing, exciting company in our new European headquarters in Berlin, Germany.
If you enjoy the challenge of setting up robust, stable server environments and providing 365/24/7 uptime for thousands of concurrent users, then come join the Aeria Games team!
- Expert knowledge of Linux (preferably Red Hat variants and Debian) and Windows 2000/2003 Servers
- 3+ years experience maintaining small and large-scale (100+ servers) systems.
- Database experience: MySQL, Postgres and MSSQL.
- System monitoring tool experience: Nagios, Cacti, Munin, etc.
- Network infrastructure device experience: firewalls, load balancers, etc.
- Knowledge of shell scripting and other interpreted languages is a plus.
- Mail administration experience: qmail, Postfix, Amavisd/ClamAV/SpamAssassin
- Advanced knowledge of NFS, NIS, DNS, Open VPN, etc.
- Fluency/literacy in English. Knowledge of German and Polish is a plus
- Installing and configuring operating system, proprietary game software, and associated patches or updates.
- Maintaining large Linux/Windows systems (composed of several hundred servers) from our office to our remote data centers.
- Providing and implementing monitoring processes/tools and using automated system software tools/procedures to monitor, manage, and report on server performance.
- Contributing to planning efforts for database backup, disaster recovery, capacity expansion, component upgrading, and system hardening.
- Producing and maintaining documentation on installations, incidents, and FAQs.
- Being a key member of our 24/7 “on-call” System Administrator team.
How to Apply:
Send your resume to us via email (jobs.de at aeriagames dot com) putting the position you are applying for in the subject line. Please include:
· Cover letter/e-mail telling us about your related qualifications and achievements.
· Résumé in Word or PDF.
Due to the high level of applications, we are not able to reply to every applicant. We will contact you should your skills and qualifications present a possible fit for our needs.